6/4/07

found

4 days in the saddle: proving positive.

nice little solo jaunt at WR on thurs (as noted earlier):
found me feeling hungry for dirt, trails, sweat, sun ...
found me hungry to have my hands wrapped around my handlebars and grips ...
found me longing for more time with my bike ...
found me pierced with inspiration.

quickie little sprint action on Fri:
found me spiriting up the sweet-sweet hill and then banking turns and ripping back down ...
found me chasing ed and his twisted zen lines...
found me riding in the evening light saturated with springs thick, pillowy clouds ...
found me ready for more.

saturday
found me climbing, and then climbing some more ...
found me re-finding that sweet-sweet climb ...
found me wide-eyed in springs green madness ...
found me basking in motion in the sugary-yellow-light of the perfect spring day ...
found my pace feeling deliberate, and flowing ...
found me warmed up and in the zone after 18 miles ...
found me freaking feeling good after 25 ... and hungry for yet more.

sunday
found me all mtbBlissedout in the middle of New Trail No Where ...
found me smack-dab in the w i d e open range dodging thunderstorms the size of kansas...
found me giggling with the brooks of crystal-cold water ...
found me riding pristinely pined trails with no tracks over roots and rocks and tumbling with joy ...
found me following yet more of ed's zen lines through a pampered forest where one should always only whisper ...
found me grateful to be alive and feeling so well ...
found me digging deep to top the endlessly steep pitches ...
found me honoring my company and thanking my lucky stars ...
found me disoriented and with fresh eyes in an old home-land ...
found me high-thigh deep in a dark, cold river ...
found me in the kingdom of towering Aspens, humble ...
found me finally tapping the extent of my recovering physical energy ...

found me feeling the thunder, in my heart.

No comments: