With a whole day of Free Friday time, why not go out and meander around on the pony all day long, eh?
The yellow line is the route, clockwise ;-)
Started from the house:
- Up Bergen Peak Trail to the top.
From the top, saw a fire that had just started over off of Parmalee Gulch Road, which I would be passing by later in the day. Didn't think much about it. See the pix for the fire shot!
- Down Too Long.
Saw ONE rider. And he was taking a pp break right in the middle of the trail. Icky.
- Connector trails, roads, and back roads over to the upper Apex TH.
Fun stuff, linking it all together.
- Apex Trails
Started down the main trail, turned up Hardscrabble, up SleuxBox, down-around-up Grubstake, down PickNSledge, down the remainder of Apex.
- Connector road over to Matthew Winters.
- Matthew Winters proper: the mellow, enchanting, flowing way.
- Connector road thru Morrison, up to Falcon TH.
- Up the grunt of Falcon, to the tippy top.
For some reason, this climb killed me ;-) These were my internal implosion miles.
- Connector road to Lair of the Bear (LOTB).
Ran into the fire-cops at the top of Parmalee Gulch road. Yup, the road was closed due to the fire that I saw earlier. Talked with the nice fire guy and he let me thru the line and onto the LOTB singletrack! WOHOOO!! That could have REAAAALLLY sucked.
- LOTB singletrack in all it's swooping glory.
- Connector road: Kerr Gulch back up to Evergreen.
- Connector singletrack to Bergen meadow.
One of my faves. Too bad it's so short. Did the extra little loop at the top;-)
- Blaze the Bergen Meadow back to the house.
A lovely, meandering 60 mile, 8,700'. A nice all day affair.